On a daily basis I get tweets asking me about the dog friendly beaches along the Atlantic seaboard. So I have compiled a list .
The DOG FRIENDLY BEACHES along the Atlantic seaboard are:
- Campsbay Beach- Dogs are allowed between 18:00 – 09:00 during November until April, and during off-peak season, from May to October.
- Glen Beach – Victoria Road, Camps Bay. Dogs are allowed on leads at all time.
- Granger Bay Beach – Beach Road, Green Point Granger Bay Beach is right next to the V&A Waterfront. Dogs are allowed at all times.
- Houtbay Beach – Dogs allowed on middle beach.
- Llandudno Beach – Residents have agreed that the beach be kept dog-free from 09:00 – 18:00 from 1 September to 31 March.
But two beaches are missing from the Capetown.gov.za website are these two , which I believe are still dog friendly (I went to check the signs up on these beaches)
- SUNSET BEACH (SEAPOINT) – Beach Road, where dogs are allowed at all times.
- CLIFTON 1ST -Free running at all times (According to this sign)
As dog owners we have a responsibility to pick up our dog’s mess, so please remember to bring a Poop-bag and don’t try to bury it in the sand.
Please adhere to the Dog Beach Rules, as you could be fined between R500 to R2 000‚ if you do not adhere to by-laws on Cape Towns beaches or in Nature reserves.